[fpc-devel] Non-blocking sockets on Mac OS X

Robert Reimiller cscpub at certsoft.com
Sat Sep 9 04:07:10 CEST 2006

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 20:27:37 -0000, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

>> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:21:51 -0000, Jonas Maebe
>> > between e.g. Pascal's close and Posix' close)
>> > * the things Marco mentioned
>>
>> In quite a few cases "var" parameters are used instead of pointers, that's
>> the other major difference I found when porting from delphi. Maybe those
>> were in the socket functions. I remember stuff like getsockopt in winsock
>> that used pointers where in fp it used getsocketoptions and var
>> parameters.
>
> fpgetsockopt uses pointers. getsocketoptions is an older (1.0.x) compability
> function.

Must of have missed it, too many choices :)

Got the program working (it's about 20000 lines of code) with the MD5 causing
me the most grief. Found a bunch of places where my endian handling was wrong
so it was worth the 15 hours effort. Unfortunately now I have to start translating
it to "C", I HATE C!!!

I don't know how you can keep all those different operating systems and processors
straight in your mind, an amazing feat. I think I was initially supporting 3 or 4
operating systems back when I was doing 6809 Pascal (and later in the 80's 68000) but
didn't have nearly the processors to support.

Thanks,

Bob