[fpc-devel] Non-blocking sockets on Mac OS X

Robert Reimiller certgrps at certsoft.com
Fri Sep 8 00:09:31 CEST 2006

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:52:20 -0000, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>
wrote:

> FIONBIO is defined in unit termio (these are not just for sockets under
> *nix).

I would have never guessed :)

> IOCTLs are per definition non standard, so don't expect them (all) to be
> portable. Also Windows sometimes names functions differently, because it
> bases its network layer on pre-Posix definitions (or a Posix draft)

I've gotten those to compile, it will be a while before I find out if they
do
anything.

> P.s. Note that Indy10 clients work on OS X (powerpc)

Maybe I should explain what I'm doing. I wrote a library to communicate
with a
earthquake recording system. Most of the code was adapted from an existing
Delphi
project but modified to allow one thread per remote system rather than
running a
new copy of the entire program per remote station.

This library will have to be downgraded to plain "C" for distribution to
other
(mostly university) users to incorporate into their programs. Before I do
that I
wanted to make sure it would work on a big-endian machine and the G4 Mac
Mini is
the only big-endian machine I have around here. I conditionalized the code
using
ENDIAN_LITTLE so I don't expect many problems.

The biggest problem I'm having is that FPC is different from both Win32
and Posix
so it hasn't been straight forward.

Thanks

Bob