[fpc-devel] Threading under MAC OS X

Robert Reimiller certgrps at certsoft.com
Fri Sep 8 00:09:12 CEST 2006

I'm confused as to which model to use. I noted that there is a pthread.inc
file in the darwin rtl directory, but I'm not sure how to include that in
the source or the linking.

There is also a chapter in the programmers manual that has discussions of
things like BeginThread and xxxxcriticalsection functions. The critical
section
stuff compiles OK but that doesn't mean it will actually run. However,
I've tried
BeginThread with both 2 and 3 parameters and the compiler tells me the
number
of parameters is incorrect. I've done some grepping on the RTL source code
but
can't make any sense of it.

Anyone have experience with this?