[fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4

ik idokan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:23:55 CEST 2006

On 10/23/06, Daniel Hobson <daniel at sunthunder.com> wrote:

> [...]

If you run port mapping tool such as nmap, do you see that the port is
open (please note that on nmap the default amount of ports to scan are
the first 1024, so you will need to tell it to scan port 20000) ?

Another point of checking will be in the machine that does the
communication, and not the Windows side... can you see that the
packages are going away ? if so, try to place on the same network
another computer with a sniffer, and see if there is a search for the
windows machine. If not, then it might be something else (firewall is
not the only problem, proxy, ips and few other filters can be in the
way as well, including ISA server).

> > I have also been advised that the netdb has issues on 2.0.4? is this
> correct?
> dunno i gave up on using netdb when a friend added IPV6 to the sockets
> wrapper i use and needed workable IPV6 dns code.
>
> I hope this is more helpful
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel Hobson.

Ido