[fpc-devel] format function

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Oct 12 16:39:47 CEST 2006

On 12 okt 2006, at 16:31, Micha Nelissen wrote:

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_zero
>> Jonas being succinct as ever :)
>
> And not answering the question ... sigh. As shown there, you never
> notice the difference in result.

I don't understand what you mean here. I said that for some fpu
calculations the sign of zero matters. I understood that you asked
for examples when you answered with "Like?". I therefore gave a link
to a wikipedia article which shows that the sign matters e.g. when
dividing by zero (positive or negative infinity), and the article
also gives some examples of real-world cases where the sign of zero
gives a different meaning to the result.

What else did you expect?

Jonas