[fpc-devel] Typed addresses, revisited

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Oct 8 14:20:58 CEST 2006

On 08 Oct 2006, at 13:36, Micha Nelissen wrote:

>> I don't have a problem with that. One thing which still should be
>> changed about the patch is that nf_typedaddr should also be
>> included for
>> nf_internal type conversions (and the code style should conform to
>> the
>
> Yes, was not sure about when implicit type conversions are done and
> whether it would be appropriate to 'tag' them with typedaddr flag.

nf_internal typecasts are explicit typecasts inserted by the parser.
They are basically even more explicit than user-explicit typecasts,
and also allowed in more cases.

> The indenting is by no means consistent anyway :P.

I think it is quite consistent in most main units on which many
people work (including the parser, scanner and type checking).

Jonas