[fpc-devel] va(r)_arg vs open array

ik idokan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 14:58:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm wondering why Pascal as a language (and FPC with it's extensions)
does not support va_args (or var_args in the java language).

Now we have open array, that's a really cool thing, but I can't
understand why I can't have a feature such as the compiler voodoo
magic of the "write" procedure.

At the moment, I try to create an OS (it's hard to even think of it as
one at the moment, it will take a lot of time until it will be
something close to an OS) with FPC, and when compiling the system unit
again, I really missing it, and open arrays are just not "that" ...

I can give a list of pros about it, but I rather hear the pros and the
cons from other first (maybe me and others will accept it) so what are
the cons you see about it, and are there any pros that might be able
to make it possible to add such feature to FPC ?

Ido