[fpc-devel] syncobjs unit

Aleš Katona almindor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 12:11:35 CET 2006

> What exactly is the "ThreadManager problem" ?

There are type differences in return types and arguments of many
functions. For example, ThreadManager.SuspendThread returns DWord in all
OSes and platforms (64bit 32bit) but eg: in cthreads we use:

Result := pthread_kill()..

pthread_kill returns an int.

The thing is full of this. Problem is, each OS and platform has slightly
different arguments and return types AND we need to be flexible enough
to support more than one threading implementation on same platform too
(so no godamn ifdefs).

If you got a nice idea come up with it coz I'm kind of lost.

Ales