[fpc-devel] [patch] - fpcUnit XSLT

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 08:53:45 CET 2006

On 11/21/06, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/21/06, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What's wrong with the XML standard of FO ? It allows you to generate
> > almost any kind of document (including HTML and PDF) from pure xml
> > data and xslt as template (together with FO template). The benefits
> > are that the CSS styles are properties, so the style itself (when
> > needed) is part of the template rather a whole new section for
> > specific type of document.
> >
> > Or am I missing something here ?
>
> :-)  Sorry, I'm lost.  What is FO?

It stand for XSL Formatting Objects (XSL-FO is the full name). It was
created in order to allow the use of XML and the generating of
universal documents. A very know FOSS thingy that uses it, is docbook.

Here is the basic (bad documented last time I checked) standard:
http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/ . There are several tools that does a
good job. One of them host under Apache's foundation called fop. But
like 90% of the projects hosted at Apache, it is written in Java (the
real down side).

> --
> Graeme Geldenhuys
> Location: S 34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'