[fpc-devel] Threads and alot of crap continued

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Wed Nov 8 15:43:22 CET 2006

Vinzent Hoefler wrote:
>> but it's not realtime by any definition.
>
> First, I never said "real-time" in that context and second: it sure can

I concluded that from your quote:

Timing events allow for a handler to be executed at a future point in
time in an efficient way, as it is a standalone timer that is executed
directly in the context of the interrupt handler (it does not need a
server task).

I read server task as thread, and a timer as interrupting any thread at
the time it was fired and calling some callback then.

Maybe Ada creates a hidden thread itself in which it calls these
callbacks (so cheating on its own definition IMHO), but otherwise the
only value for such interrupts would be realtime requirements.

> microseconds running on an RTOS, of course.

That's not the common OS case.

Micha