[fpc-devel] Threads and alot of crap continued

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Nov 8 11:55:21 CET 2006

> Also I think a base thread should remain free from this. You can of course
> create a descendant of tthread that is event driven (e.g. messagequeue, pump
> and list of known events/methodvars in overriden tthread.execute)

Right. That is a decent way to do it "optionally" (as I of course would
do it, not to break any running code). So a TApplicationThread class
might be defined in the RTL as a descendant of TThread. It might have a
TApplicationThread property the type of which might be a descendant of
TCustomApplication and provides the non preemptive scheduling stuff
based in messages.

But before doing this I'd like to do/have a TApplication that might be a
descendant of TCustomApplication for the main thread for the same
purpose here. (similar as Lazarus, but not using any GUI stuff).

TTimer, TThread (.Synchronize ! ) etc. might be affected by this, too.

-Michael