[fpc-devel] Threads and alot of crap continued

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Nov 7 15:14:04 CET 2006

>   Remember you need to call the "HandleEvents" as fast as possible to
> stay effective (otherwise you lose precision)

I want to avoid this by any means !

That is why I want to have a message driven system (as described in the
other post):

TAppllication creates an event from a message generated by another
thread (or maybe from an OS  timer if it can do this). In Delphi/Windows
all GUI events are messages and so are Timer and TThread.synchronize
events. In Linux we could use a System 5 message queue for this (I once
did a working draft of that). A Timer might need a thread to create a
message (Threads are cheap in Linux). Signals might be an alternative,
but here we would need to implement a queue on top of them.

-Michael