[fpc-devel] About the new package manager and networking

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Nov 3 22:33:16 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Ales Katona wrote:

> > I am already adding lnet and synapse support to fppkg.
> > (to WST too, BTW ;) ) The wget is a fallback and proof
> > of concept implementation.
>
> I've got a skeleton lNet/fppkg done localy now, will finish it tomorrow
> (and hopefuly find a way to test :) )

Well. Testing should be easy. I committed a test program. Make sure
your unit sets the DownloaderClass class variable and set it in the
testdownload.pp program uses clause.

After running the test, the FPC homepage should be in fpc.html :-)

> I've put lNet to fcl for local setup too but am open to suggestion.

fcl is cool :)

> Btw, do you plan to add support for concurrent downloads and "compiling
> while downloading" later?

Yes, but that will be done using threading. Make sure your objects do
not access any global variables. It should be thread-safe.

Michael.