[fpc-devel] " crt garbles writeln() output " feedback: otherproblems; not crt specific; command line parameters

peter green plugwash at P10Link.net
Wed May 24 02:09:49 CEST 2006

> It is matter of priorities: the mappings are long known. Unicode
> standard is quite open too. If I had much free time, I'd work on
> porting such a thing (from somewhere, there are many places) to FPC.
> But I'm not yet accustommed to my full-time job:(

oh yes writing the converters is easy, but what the compiler can't do is
know what you meant to do when you write

widestringvar := ansistringvar;

because the ansistringvar could contain anything! it could be utf-8 from a
network protocol, windows ansi from the windows gui, windows oem from the
console etc.