[fpc-devel] Definition of the time-fration in a TDateTimebefore30/12/1899

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Tue May 23 15:03:49 CEST 2006

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 5/23/06, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz> wrote:
>> Couldn't it happen that one of the tests just crashes the whole program,
>> so further tests are not run at all then?
>
> Nope.  That is the beauty of xUnit testing frameworks.  A Failures
> (something you are testing for) and Errors (unexpected like exceptions
> though you can test for exceptions as well) are caught by the testing
> framework, so results can be written to show what happened on each
> test case.  Tests are guaranteed to run (or tried to run).

Well, I'm fairly sure that it wouldn't work like that for the OS/2 target
at least (no FPC exception handler), but that's another story. However, I
believe this may happen for other targets too - if you have a misbehaving
RTL routine that overwrites half of your heap, you'll probably end up in
the whole program crashing (i.e. if all the tests are run in one process,
some of the tests will never be started).

Tomas