[fpc-devel] Definition of the time-fration in a TDateTime before 30/12/1899

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue May 23 14:31:10 CEST 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Peter Vreman wrote:

>>> No, too much work, no real gain :)
>>
>> I agree here. New tests can be added with fpcunit. But the basic principe
>> of using the halt and the dotest program needs to stay in place.
>
> I see no problem to execute "high" level tests using fpcunit. Maybe we need to
> redesign our tests structure a little bit because with the current test system
> we can't test fcl, packages and friends.

If we want to do this, there are 2 options:

1. Include the test programs with the packages/fcl/rtl whatever.
2. Use a completely separate test directory, as it is now.

Personally, I am slightly in favour of 2, because 1 will require
us to put the fpcunit in the RTL. 1. will require a more thorough
rewrite of the test suite...

Michael.