[fpc-devel] shared libraries on x86_64 Linux ?

Dominique Leducq dleducq at magellan-ing.fr
Tue May 23 08:29:00 CEST 2006

[Dominique Leducq]

Well, I already tried that with 2.0.2 : make rtl "OPT=-Cg" (is that right ?), but it didn't work (yes, I checked that the right system unit was used by the linker)
I will try again with 2.1.1

I had nothing to recompile to make it work with i386 linux: is the default RTL compiled with PIC for i386? If so, why not for x86_64? I know that there are performances losses with PIC, but I thought that this losses where lessened with x86_64 arch?