[fpc-devel] dominant short strings in compiler source

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Wed May 17 23:27:55 CEST 2006

> > Well, dos.exec of course requires the entire command line as a
> > shortstring. This is no problem for Dos because Dos has a maximum
> > path length of 128
> > chars.
> so with 2 max length paths plus some options in the command line your
> screwed with shortstrings?

Could happen, but also it might require a dynamic array of shortstrings which then might
end up being slower than just one longstring using shortstring + shortstring + shortstring
concatenation into a longstring (instead of a dynamic array of shortstrings). But Daniel's
array method would probably be the easiest thing to implement right now, since we don't
have longstrings available at this time.