[fpc-devel] Output flush on pipes

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Mon May 15 08:35:34 CEST 2006

On Monday 15 May 2006 07.51, Daniël Mantione wrote:
> Op Mon, 15 May 2006, schreef Martin Schreiber:
> > >
> > > The IDE retrieves the messages through the comphook unit.
> >
> > And the output from a console program as debuggee?
>
> You mean the Debug -> Output window?

Yes.

> The IDE reads the user screen contents and displays it inside the output
> window. Under Linux the output window is only functional under vcsa
> display, because otherwise you cannot read from the screen.

Does it work on win32 with GDB?
Do you think it is possible without libgdb (GDB is connected via pipes)?

Probable I have to build my own PTY substitute for win32 with AllocConsole,
AttachConsole and ConsoleScreenBuffers. As far as I know MS technologies this
is a work of several weeks...
Arghh, I see AttachConsole does not work for win98 **%&*&**%!!!!!

Martin