[fpc-devel] Output flush on pipes

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun May 14 22:45:56 CEST 2006

> On Sun, 14 May 2006, Dani?l Mantione wrote:

> > XML requires an advanced parser and existing parsers will also produce
> > complicated parser trees. (All that is needed is a sequence of key/value
> > pairs, XML is a recursive tree). I'm not against it, but I have a light
> > preference for something simple.
>
> For me, your or Florian's proposal is perfectly OK. I was just suggesting.
> After all, it's just 1 or 2 routines that need to be changed...
> I'm not really in favour of CSV style, but all this is a matter of taste...
> In the end, it doesn't really matter, as long as it is structured...

I'd prefer something less verbose as XML. XML is text, but due to its
verbosity (labeled fields) a bit less readable (and thus debugable) than
alternative text forms.

I don't think FPC's errormsgs go over the minimal threshold to make XML
worthwhile, and neither does it have a complex multi-vendor situation that
would justify it.