[fpc-devel] gtk1 linklib directive under FreeBSD

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue May 9 11:27:31 CEST 2006

On 9 mei 2006, at 11:21, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> FreeBSD, when confronted with this says to use pkgconfig, and
> doesn't want
> to help out with a couple of symlinks to ease the situation. IOW
> they don't
> care about anything but GCC.

This symlink/library practice on linux/unix is simply a mess, and I
personally also don't see another portable way but to use tools such
as pkgconfig and friends. Afaik the output of pkgconfig is not gcc
specific, but ld-specific (at least the output of "sdl-config --
libs") is. So if you want to use it for an internal linker, you
indeed have to parse that output (as opposed to similar statements in
the source).

Jonas