[fpc-devel] space char inside identifier's name

Dr. Karl-Michael Schindler karl-michael.schindler at physik.uni-halle.de
Sat Mar 25 10:55:59 CET 2006

Hi

Am 25.03.2006 um 09:39 schrieb Micha Nelissen:

> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:21:38 +0700
> Bisma Jayadi <bisma at brawijaya.ac.id> wrote:
>
>> type "Main Form": TForm;
>> var "this is a integer variable": integer;
>> if "Main Form".Left = 10 then ...
>> procedure "Main Form"."Edit Change"(Event: TDOMEvent);
>
> WWWHHHAAAAAAAA! *Falls off chair*
>
> *grabs desk* *pulls up*
>
> Clear enough ? ;-)
>
> Micha

I understand your reaction, in particular with the examples above.
But from own experience I have an argument in favor of less strict
naming conventions:

I coded a lot in a macro language, which had similar naming
conventions as Pascal. In one revision they were lifted and examples
like the above became possible, but not used as expected. However,
some things were used a lot:

Names starting with a number and using "-" instead of "_".

Based on this examples from practice, I would suggest to consider it
again.

Michael