[fpc-devel] space char inside identifier's name

Bisma Jayadi bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Sat Mar 25 09:21:38 CET 2006

After trying out Morfix for some hours, I found very interesting "feature" of
the implemented object Pascal language. Morfix Pascal allows space char within
the identifier's name. If space char is used, then the name MUST BE enclosed
within a double-quote char pair. Here are some examples:

type "Main Form": TForm;
var "this is a integer variable": integer;
if "Main Form".Left = 10 then ...
procedure "Main Form"."Edit Change"(Event: TDOMEvent);

I think this is a interesting feature to be supported. Though this is not too
essential, but sometimes it is required or demanded. At least if we want FPC
more Morfix "compatible". I know it looks more VB-ish or MS-ish, but if it is
good, why not? :)

The implementation of it in the compiler is not too difficult, IMO. Some RTL
source code modification is required though. CMIIW. :)

What's your opinion?

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at
http://beeography.wordpress.com