[fpc-devel] OS aware RTL proposal

Ales Katona almindor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 12:09:22 CET 2006

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>We don't.
>We just make the interface available, that's it.
>It shouldn't be used by default in libfprtl.
>
>Michael.

What about Lazarus/binary packages? I think libfprtl.so is required there.
If you use syscall version of this lib it's ok. If you use FPC_USE_LIBC
however, it will cause linking problems on older distroes for example. I
wonder how do you plan to fix this little problem.

I've updated the wiki page to clarify what parts of RTL I wanted to be
affected etc.

There's also the "oldselect" problem for example. Might seem like a
triviality but select() is used for many things (sleep, file IO etc.)
which might mean FPC binaries would be much slower on 2.6 for example.

Ales