[fpc-devel] Abstract functons with parameters on classes

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jul 27 18:48:12 CEST 2006

On 27 Jul 2006, at 17:49, ik wrote:

> The issue is that TA is an abstract class, while TA2 and anything else
> will inherit this class, but will implement different things/ways of
> things ... so the "fnc" function will need a different structure on
> each class.

What is the use of having an abstract fnc in the base class? I don't
understand what you want to do. For calling these differently
structured "overloads" you have to typecast your class to TA2 or so
anyway, unless you declare all these variants also as virtual
abstract methods in your base class (in which case your problem is
immediately solved, but I don't really see the use of that because
you can't have generic code when calling any of these methods anyway).

Jonas