[fpc-devel] LinkLib Issues In Lazarus and in FPC-2.0.2

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Jul 17 13:57:01 CEST 2006

On 17 Jul 2006, at 13:42, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> That's not the point. The point is that I consider a solution, that
> tries to
> collect this data automatically, worse than the current situation.

There's no reason why a default fallback to the current system
couldn't be supported.

> IOW I consider this cure to be worse (more likely to break a release
> systematically and harder to support due to a lack of transparancy
> to end
> users) than the problem,

I cannot see how this is more likely to break a release
systematically. And it's only as intransparent as we make it (e.g.,
apart from the "compiling", "assembling" and "linking", there could
just as well be a "Determining needed libraries using gtk-config..."
message)

> specially since now we don't have to recompile FPC
> anymore for a lib change.

I do not understand this last part. Are you talking about dynamically

Jonas