[fpc-devel] LinkLib Issues In Lazarus and in FPC-2.0.2

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Mon Jul 17 10:15:57 CEST 2006

Aleš Katona wrote:
> Hi Bob and welcome to the world of crap.
>
> Seriously and honestly, the FreeBSD porters made a big bad pile of crap
> when they some years ago decided to name "gtk-12" and others as "gtk12".
>
> Welcome to the world of shit.. eh sorry I ment unix.
>
> It was written in C what would you expect?

This is not a C based problem, you can do the same thing using FPC, but
only few people make libraries with FPC in the first place.

This issue is a typical source-based distribution problem, because when
you recompile everything from scratch every day (or, often) anyway, you
can change a whole lot more without breaking things than if you need to
keep binary packages in sync with each other.

Micha