[fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4 release candidate 1 testing

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Jul 9 19:54:00 CEST 2006

Hello,

As part of our effort to make the upcoming release 2.0.4 as bug-free
as possible, we'd like to invite some of you to testing our release
candidates.

To make things as efficient as possible, we'd like to involve 1-2
people for every platform in the first phase. In next phases we plan
to extend testing to wider audience.

If you are interested and have time for thorough testing of
installation, command-line compiler and text-mode IDE (or, in case of
Mac OS X, Xcode integration) in next few weeks, please add your
contact and information about your platform (CPU, OS and particular
version of OS/distribution) to
   http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/Testers_2.0.4.

The downloads are available from
   ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/beta/2.0.4-rc1/

Available platforms for 2.0.4-rc1 are:
* Dos
* Linux/i386 and Linux/ppc32 (no deb or rmp, only tar.gz)
* Mac OS X/ppc32 (Xcode integration should also work for Mac OS X/Intel)
* OS/2
* Win32

This list will be expanded for 2.0.4-rc2 and the final 2.0.4.

Thanks,

Jonas