[fpc-devel] PR: Advocates needed

VisionForce webmaster at visionforceweb.com
Thu Jan 19 17:25:21 CET 2006

You all may hate me after I say this, but creating software in VB or VB.NET
goes very, very quickly. But I guess since you're trying to advocate Pascal
right now, this information doesn't help you any.

Sincerely,
Alex C. Barberi
Chief Executive Officer
VisionForce
http://www.visionforceweb.com

On Jan 19, 2006, at 11:06, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Daniƫl Mantione wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Check this...
>>
>> http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/01/09/1647217
>>
>> ... huge accounting program. Formerly propietary, now GPL, that is in
>> need
>> from porting from Delphi to Free Pascal to become true free software.
>>
>> The only problem is, they are not only considering Free Pascal,
>> but also Python.
>>
>> Goal: convince the Turbocash project that Free Pascal is the best choice,
>> at least much better than Python.
>> - http://www.turbocash.co.za
>>
>> It is big in the press, LWN mentions it as well:
>>
>> http://lwn.net/Articles/168143/
>>
>> Please check if it appears on other news sites and please guard the sites
>> mentioned for "Pascal is a language for noobs"-like trolling.
>
> Does Python have any IDE comparable with lazarus?

Does Python run as fast as FPC?

fpc-devel maillist  -  fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org