[fpc-devel] Profiling on win32 (again)

Giulio Bernardi ugilio at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:05:43 CET 2006

Hi,
a strange thing has happened :P

When Peter fixed the gprof bug on win32, I simply downloaded gprt0.as from
svn, recompiled it
and replaced the old gprt0.o in my 2.0.2 install with the new one:
everything worked.

Now, I made a small package (gprof_win32) with libraries from cygwin and
gprof.exe, I sent it
to John Lee and he put it into contrib directory.
But he told me that when trying to compile a program with -pg switch with
fpc 2.0.3 (yesterday snapshot),
a link error occurs:

libpsystem.a(system0s852.o):system.pp:(.text+0x68): undefined reference to
`_stkptr'.

I checked myself and same thing happens on my machine.

I downloaded again gprt0.as from svn (fixes branch), I compiled it... and
everything works.
I suppose that gprt0.o that came from 2.0.3 snapshot was compiled from the
same gprt0.as...
so this sounds very mysterious to me.

On 2.1.x snapshot there are no link errors.

bye,
Giulio