[fpc-devel] lNet in packages

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Feb 3 20:05:31 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Peter Vreman wrote:

> >> fpnet package. The FCL is only basic stuff, some extended RTL. IMHO the
> >> fpimage,db and xml shall also be moved to fpimage, fpdb and fpxml
> >> packages.
> >
> > Why prefix everything with fp ?
>
> To have a common prefix that shows it is part of a default FPC distribution.

I don't agree to moving this to packages.
The FCL is supposed to be a package that replaces the nonvisual part
of Delphi's VCL, and as such it should stay together.

Packages are not necessarily class based, are often simple imports of
libraries and so on; not the place for VCL/CLX counterparts.

Michael.