[fpc-devel] LGPL vs MPL

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Dec 26 19:05:18 CET 2006

> Modified LGPL (as used in Lazarus and FPC) seem to be what I want, I
> was just wondering what the major difference is between the Modified
> LGPL and MPL. Oh and I don't live in the USA but rather the RSA (South
> Africa).

Note that MPL has an escape clause exactly for this dilemma. (the GPL
linking) There is an option to MPL or optionally use LGPL at the users
choice.

So _IF_ you choose MPL, enable the LGPL dual licensing. If the code is
appopriate for Lazarus/FPC inclusion this will happen via that way. (like
e.g. the Jedi headers, or the libtar before)