[fpc-devel] sqldb lazarus component

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Dec 21 01:23:04 CET 2006

The sqldb-components in sqldblaz are just a simple wrapper around the
real sqldb-components. This wrapper is used by Lazarus, so you can drop
the components on a form.

Your problem isn't that the sqldblaz.ppu isn't there, but that sqldb
isn't compiled at all on a wince-target. So it's not available, and thus
Lazarus can't build the wrapper.

What you need is sqldb.ppu and mysqlconnXX.ppu. Now they aren't compiled
for wince, because no-one tested it. But in principle, it should work.

I think that you already compiled fpc by yourself. You can enable sqldb
for wince by doing the following:

1: Edit fcl/db/Makefile.fpc and add sqldb to dirs_wince
2: Edit fcl/db/sqldb/Makefile.fpc and add mysql to dirs_wince
3: go to fcl/db and run the command 'fpcmake -r -Tall'
4: recompile fpc and see what happens.

Maybe that you're lucky and that it will compile. If so, also compile
the sqldblaz-package in lazarus. And then: try

And for all: report your findings here. ;)