[fpc-devel] Mac OS X dylib exported symbols

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Dec 19 18:04:08 CET 2006

On 19 dec 2006, at 17:23, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

>> The reason they are also exported, is that they are global symbols
>> (i.e., they appear in the interface of a unit). I know the manual
>> states
>> that no symbols will be exported unless you mention them in the
>> export
>> statement, but afaik this is wrong in general (except maybe on
>> Windows?)
>
> IIRC it's true for Linux too.

Not in my experience (this is tests/test/tlibrary1 on Linux/i386):

$ nm libtlibrary1.so |less
00006450 A __bss_start
00031ea9 T DEBUGEND_SI_DLL
00031e60 T DEBUGEND_SYSTEM
00035858 D DEBUGINFO_SI_DLL
000320e0 D DEBUGINFO_SYSTEM
00031e60 T DEBUGSTART_SI_DLL
00019770 T DEBUGSTART_SYSTEM
00032000 A _DYNAMIC
00006450 A _edata
00006450 A _end
0001ca60 T fpc_abs_real
00029610 T FPC_ABSTRACTERROR
00029610 T fpc_abstracterrorintern
00028490 T fpc_addref
00028490 T FPC_ADDREF
00020890 T fpc_ansistr_append_ansistring
00020890 T FPC_ANSISTR_APPEND_ANSISTRING

All these "T" symbols are exported afaik.

Jonas