[fpc-devel] Valid macpas syntax ?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 4 01:18:58 CET 2006

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 18:54:25 +0100
Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> On 03 Dec 2006, at 18:05, Marc Weustink wrote:
>
> > 1) using out as parametername
>
> "out" is not a reserved word in macpas mode, just like in tp/fpc
> modes.

Thanks. I updated the codetools.

> > 2) the * behind msgb (and what does it mean ?)
> >
> > [FPCMacOSAll:80638]
> > type
> >   msgbPtr = ^msgb;
> >   msgb = record
> >     b_next: struct msgb *;  { next message on queue }
> >     b_prev: struct msgb *;  { previous message on queue }
> >     b_cont: struct msgb *;  { next message block of message }
>
> It means that this code isn't compiled, otherwise you'd get a parser
> error. It's between {$ifc CALL_NOT_IN_CARBON}, and
> CALL_NOT_IN_CARBON is defined as false at the start of the file
> (since we do not support non-Carbon Mac OS 9 in the Mac OS
> interfaces). That's probably why no one ever noticed this error.

I implemented $IFC, $ELSEC, $SETC, $ELIFC, $ENDC, defined identifier,
undefined identifier, 'out' and 'property' as parameter names, 'false'
and 'true' as special $SETC values in the codetools.
Now FPCMacOSAll is parsed without errors.

Can someone explain the meaning of

{$ifc defined __ppc__ and __ppc__}

?

Mattias