[fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4 is out!

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Wed Aug 30 09:33:28 CEST 2006

Op Wed, 30 Aug 2006, schreef Florian Klaempfl:

> That's what I would recommend nvidia for years: provide their drivers as
> assembler files. Nobody can proof that it is actually compiled and they
> don't release more knowledge than they actually do and the gpl trolls
> can't flame anymore :)

Nvidia's used a source code obfuscator to submit their first driver to
XFree86. Needless to say people weren't amused with it. It was originally
put in cvs but kicked out after a few weeks. Then Nvidia backed down and
released the non-obfuscated source code.

Apparently they were far from happy with that, since they never released
source code ever again.

Besides, assembler source code would release a lot of info, such as the
names of the GPU registers, which would make it much easier to understand
their function.

Daniël