[fpc-devel] What is the correct spelling of FPC

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Aug 13 13:24:45 CEST 2006

> What is the correct spelling of FPC???
>
> * FreePascal
> * Free Pascal
> * freepascal
>
> The  www.freepasal.org uses both spellings.  In the web browser title
> bar it is Free Pascal, but in the text heading it is freepascal,
> etc...  I am trying to get my documentation in order....

My take:

The documentation uses a macro (see fpcdocs/fpc.sty)

\newcommand{\fpc}{Free Pascal\xspace}

The contraction freepascal is only for places where spaces are not desirable
(filenames, urls etc). I never saw much casing used in such usage, so I'd say
from your list the second is prefered for most usage, and the third for
urls/filenames by convention.