[fpc-devel] Re: native compiler for ARM

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 8 12:19:50 CEST 2006

Op Tue, 8 Aug 2006, schreef Alexander Todorov:

> > We do not have a system that is powerfull enough (enough memory) to build
> > one. You need 64mb at minimum to build the compiler and even that will be
> > tight.
>
> Is it possible to be done with less amount of memory and large swap space?

Theoretically, yes.

> > By the way, I haven't received test reports about the 2.0.4rc cross
> > compiler yet, would you be willing to test it?
>
> I have a Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 device, that will be siutable for tests I
> suppose.
> Can you give more details about testing? I will try to do some tests.

Please download the rc-release from ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/beta/2.0.4-rc2/arm-linux

What we're interrested in is:
* Wether the compiler works as it should do and programs you write work
* If the units we provide work well on ARM, most units have never been
  tested on ARM.

Daniël