[fpc-devel] LGPL vs BSD

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 10:35:34 CEST 2006

On 8/4/06, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
> No, it does not have to be available. As I said:
>
> >> This means that you have to
> >> either provide the source of your program, link dynamically to the
> >> library (most common case), or in case of static linking make all
> >> compiled object files of your application available.

Ok I see... So in terms of working with the FPC, does "object files"
refer to ALL the *.ppu and *.o files relating to a commercial apps
linked statically to the library?  The library I am creating is meant
to be compiled into your single executable application file, not as a
separate .so or .dll file.

> The Modified BSD license can be found at (see in particular point 2).
>    http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php
>
> What was left out was the "advertising clause", which said:

That is what it was, the "advertising clause"!  I have no problem
mentioning credits in the source or a file shipped with the
application.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

--