[fpc-devel] FPC documentation xml files

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 10:40:31 CEST 2006

Thanks...

Okay, I found a bit of a problem.  I first thought it was just my Web
Browser fonts, then thought it must be in the documentation.  After
looking at the *.xml files, I now think it is in the conversion from
*.xml to *.html that the problem gets introduced.

The problem is the spaces between words.  Look at the example below
taken from the following docs:
  http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/fcl/contnrs/tobjectlist.html

In the first line, there are a few mistakes.  No space between
"TObjectList" and "is". No space between "TList" and "descendent".
etc...

This occurs all over in the FPC documentation.  Note though, that it
doesn't occur in the Lazarus documentation, which also used the fpdoc
*.xml files.  Something different in the FPC docs?

------------------------------------
Description

TObjectListis a TListdescendent which has as the default array
property TObjectsinstead of pointers. By default it also manages the
objects: when an object is deleted or removed from the list, it is
automatically freed. This behaviour can be disabled when the list is
created.

In difference with TFPObjectList, TObjectListoffers a notification
mechanism of list change operations: insert, delete. This slows down
bulk operations, so if the notifications are not needed,
TObjectListmay be more appropriate.
------------------------------------

Regards,
  Graeme.

On 8/3/06, Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Where does the *.xml files containing the fpc documentation live?
> >
> > Example:
> >   http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/fcl/contnrs/tobjectlist.html
> >
> > I looked everywhere in the SubVersion repository mentioned below, and
> > couldn't find anything...
> >   http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_0/
>
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk/

There's no place like 127.0.0.1