[fpc-devel] fpc 2.0.4 rc2 and mse

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Aug 2 16:51:24 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 06:57 +0200, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > > Did you fix Mantis 6898 in the meantime?
> >
> > You said that TBufDataset can use invalid pointers, even if there wasn't
> > any exception, if a dataset is opened and closed more then once.
> >
> No, the problem is if here was a db exception on open. Without any exception
> it is OK.

Well, then that exception should be handled correctly. If you don't call
InternalClose, you'll have a mem-leak.

I don't think that any exception (except out-of-memory) can occur in
InternalConnect. So I think you mean an exceptions like 'transaction not
set', or 'invalid password'? Which problem do you have in particular?

Joost