[fpc-devel] IBConnection and transactions

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Apr 30 19:46:57 CEST 2006

I have a problem that I do not understand.

the following doesn't work with firebird:

  Fconnection.ExecuteDirect('create table FPDEV (id INT)');
  Fconnection.ExecuteDirect('insert into FPDEV(id) values (1)');

But the following does:

  Fconnection.ExecuteDirect('create table FPDEV (id INT)');
  FConnection.Transaction.commitretaining;
  Fconnection.ExecuteDirect('insert into FPDEV(id) values (1)');

But both statements are executed within the same transaction?

What's going wrong? Can someone help me with this?

Joost.