[fpc-devel] About new (2.1.1) optimizations switches

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Tue Apr 18 17:21:32 CEST 2006

> Hello there.
>
> Warning: You are using the obsolete switch -OG
> Warning: You are using the obsolete switch -Op<nr>, please use -Op<name>
> Nice.
>
> What name should I use now to compile under needed processor?

It is shown in the help pages where the values can be found:

  -o<x>  change the name of the executable produced to <x>
*** press enter ***

  -O<x>  optimizations:
      -O-        disable optimizations
      -O1        level 1 optimizations (quick and debugger friendly)
      -O2        level 2 optimizations (-O1 + quick optimizations)
      -O3        level 3 optimizations (-O2 + slow optimizations)
      -Oa<x>=<y> set alignment
      -Oo[NO]<x> enable or disable optimizations, see fpc -i for possible
values
      -Op<x>     set target cpu for optimizing, see fpc -i for possible
values
      -Os        generate smaller code