[fpc-devel] protecting dataspace suggestion

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Mon Apr 17 14:44:19 CEST 2006

> >I don't understand the way FPC stores debug information: line info etc. It
> >seems useful to not lose this information or at least know, that it was
> >overwritten.
> >I got some run time errors with no line info (when compiled with -gcl
> >option), all of them should be "unreproducible", because all of them
> >appeared in not so small projects. If they could be caused by overwritten
> >memory, it would be useful to know about it.
> Debug information is never loaded into memory it is only available on the disk.
> Peter

It's dubious.

{$R+}
var a,b:integer;
begin
move(a,b,2000);
a:=32000;
b:=32000;
a:=a*b;
end.

I use win32.
This program (16 bit integer) produces very different results with different values of third parameter of move(a,b,*). System crash (OS exception arises), "normal" work (no exception, no messages), and run time errors 201 or 216 with line info (line 7 or 4) (this is the supposed behavior).

Looking at asm source I see, that data segment contains very very much...