[fpc-devel] 2.0.3 AV's

Dipl.- Ing. Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Sun Apr 9 19:16:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am currently managing ZEOS DBO Development.
We are testing ZEOS with MySQL 5 & Postgres 8.1 and FPC 2.0.2
which works pretty stable! We would like to release
"more stable" packages for lazarus and fpc in the next time.

But due to the TDatetime issue in TDataset we wanted to
switch over to 2.0.3, as the TDatetime behaviour
is fixed there (and remove the patches in ZEOS DBO).

Our problem at the moment is that it seems that 2.0.3 is unstable
with memory management as we get random errors throughout the testsuites .
Also strange errors with TCompressionStream are occurring, where I am not
sure if they are follow up's from the AV's.
I'll report back if I can isolate them better .

Are there some major changes between 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 fixes branch im Memory
Management ?

Following test program crashes under 2.0.3 and works under 2.0.3
("accidentially" discovered while playing with streams)

program fpc203fish;
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}
uses  Classes;
var    s:String;
       i:integer;
begin
 s:='123123sdfjkysdjfklsdn3m,w45';
 for i:=0 to 22 do begin
  s:=s+s;
  writeln(i);
 end;
end.

With Output:
.
13
14
15
An unhandled exception occurred at $08048573 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
  $08048573  FORWARDS_IA32_3,  line 375 of
/opt/fpc_svn/rtl/i386/fastmove.inc
  $0804810A  main,  line 9 of fpc203fish.lpr

Postet as BUG 4999

Thanks,

helmut