[fpc-devel] definition of TRect on Mac OS

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Sat Apr 8 02:59:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

in the Qt4 binding I do a direct copy of qrect into trect,
therefore qrect and trect need to have the same binary layout.

For some reason the definition of trect on Mac Os X is different

qrect.h:
---------
#if defined(Q_OS_MAC)
    int y1;
    int x1;
    int y2;
    int x2;
#else
    int x1;
    int y1;
    int x2;
    int y2;
#endif
I do not have a Mac, so I do not know why.
I guess for compatible with the OS API.
I only see that in FPC there is not a Mac specific TRect definition (types.pp)

Should there be one?
If not I will solve it in the binding, but perhaps it is
a good idea to have TRect differently defined on mac
(but breaking binary compatibility ...)

please just decide.

Den Jean