[fpc-devel] static vs dynamic arrays

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Tue Apr 4 17:36:23 CEST 2006

> Original order:
> Total:8199ms
> Total:12038ms
>
> Reversed order:
> Total:9526ms
> Total:13332ms

And on my machine it doesn't matter, whether I reverse them or even split.

When it will be more urgent (it will) I will:
  1. Create pseudo dynamical arrays with GetMem() or something
  2. Compare all three kinds in tests
  3. Look at asm source with "-al" with disabled register variables
Probably it would be more fruitful, but it is matter of week or two.

I think, that this discussion is somewhat pointless, because I neither by my skills nor by machines available can research this thing on different systems.

by the way I go home,  Good luck!