[fpc-devel] About bug 4356 and fpc bugtracker

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Sep 15 11:28:38 CEST 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

>> Maybe, but none of the bug systems which I checked (bugzilla/mantis/others)
>> really satisfy.
>
> Have a look at trac:
> http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/

Now that looks much better, yes.
The wiki approach is a bit over the top for me, but for the rest it
looks nice.

But the setup looks good. A pity it's written in Python.

>> I am against a system that requires you to make a login to be able to
>> submit/manipulate bugs. I myself am put off by that, so I assume other
>> people will react the same.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> I think most of these systems are leaning
>> towards bloatware. The FPC bugtracker is very simple, just a single
>> table. I want to add one more table for some follow-up remarks, but
>> that is it. KISS is the principle...
>
> Yes, but comments are something really nice :)

I know, I plan to add them, as well as an 'assigned to'. References to
SVN versions are also planned. (this is now possible, with the unique
version numbers - a plus for SVN...)

Michael.