[fpc-devel] FindFirst broken due to ExpandFileName bug?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Sep 14 22:39:48 CEST 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Tony Maro wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Tony Maro wrote:
> >

> > > I just tried to use FindFirst to get a listing of files in a
> > > directory.  I
> > > passed FindFirst the following:
> > >
> > > if FindFirst('/home/tony/test/*',faAnyFile, Res) < 0 then begin
> > >
> > > It never would return any results.  Then I noticed that FindFirst
> > > calls:
> > >
> > > GlobSearchRec^.Path:=ExpandFileName(ExtractFilePath(Path));
> > >
> > > So I ran:
> > >
> > > ExpandFileName(ExtractFilePath('/home/tony/test/*'));
> > >
> > > And I got:
> > >
> > > /home/tony/LazarusFiles/testapp/"/home/tony/test/
> > >

> > Do you still have this bug ? The most recent compiler/rtl gives the
> > following, which is IMHO correct:
> >

> I'm running:
> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.1 [2005/07/20] for i386

This is a snapshot compiler, please use the official compiler if you can.

If you use snapshots, use only the latest possible. The development compiler
is not guaranteed bug free, as you can see. The current development compiler
has no problem with your code, so that is the one you should use...

The fixbranch compiler also no longer has the problem:

home: >compiler/ppc386 -l -Furtl/units/i386-linux ~/testp
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.1 [2005/09/02] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2005 by Florian Klaempfl
home: >~/testp
/home/michael/

Maybe you can update that one (not to the 2.1.1 branch)

Michael.