[fpc-devel] FindFirst broken due to ExpandFileName bug?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Mon Sep 12 20:22:33 CEST 2005

I just tried to use FindFirst to get a listing of files in a directory.
I passed FindFirst the following:

    if FindFirst('/home/tony/test/*',faAnyFile, Res) < 0 then begin

It never would return any results.  Then I noticed that FindFirst calls:

GlobSearchRec^.Path:=ExpandFileName(ExtractFilePath(Path));

So I ran:

    ExpandFileName(ExtractFilePath('/home/tony/test/*'));

And I got:

    /home/tony/LazarusFiles/testapp/"/home/tony/test/

You can see it concatenated my application path, a quote, and the path I
entered.

-Tony